Well, that was a whistle-stop tour wasn't it, through Social Media (under the somewhat contrived pretext of Social Media for Learning). And d'you know what, in the process, during the course of the past ten weeks, I've learned quite a lot.
From learning how to blog - Blogging - through the use of You Tube (for learning) and Google Docs and LinkedIn and Pinterest and Facebook to one or two online meeting tools the likes of Facebook Messenger and Skype and finally on to online presentation tools the likes of Slideshare and Hootsuite.
So what have I gained from attending the Social Media for Learning course? Well, I've gained a general understanding of various Social Media platforms together with an ability to begin navigating my way through them, and using them. However, it has to be said, several of the online tools will be of little or no use to me, I mean the likes of Slideshare and Hootsuite. LinkedIn is not for me either, now that I'm 'retired'. It is likely that I shall continue using e-mail as my main means of online written communication. YouTube I already use a lot, though rarely do I use it for 'learning': mostly for accessing music videos. Facebook Messenger is relatively 'new' to me, and following on from the course I shall certainly now use this more often, to write to friends and family, both by text and 'voice-call'. Skype with its 'live' video images appearing right there in front of me, of the person I'm talking to (my daughter, to begin with), I shall definitely return to, mainly for the novelty of it. Pinterest is of some interest, and even now I am building up my own portfolio of selected images, of places I have visited. Perhaps the most positive outcome of attending the course is that I now feel comfortable with this thing called 'Blogging'; and even though I have often struggled to keep up with the weekly homework demands of this course, I feel confident at the end of it that I can now set up my own Blog, and begin blogging a well-designed interesting-to-read Og's Blogs, attracting a wider audience, a following.
Thanks, Stefano!
From learning how to blog - Blogging - through the use of You Tube (for learning) and Google Docs and LinkedIn and Pinterest and Facebook to one or two online meeting tools the likes of Facebook Messenger and Skype and finally on to online presentation tools the likes of Slideshare and Hootsuite.
So what have I gained from attending the Social Media for Learning course? Well, I've gained a general understanding of various Social Media platforms together with an ability to begin navigating my way through them, and using them. However, it has to be said, several of the online tools will be of little or no use to me, I mean the likes of Slideshare and Hootsuite. LinkedIn is not for me either, now that I'm 'retired'. It is likely that I shall continue using e-mail as my main means of online written communication. YouTube I already use a lot, though rarely do I use it for 'learning': mostly for accessing music videos. Facebook Messenger is relatively 'new' to me, and following on from the course I shall certainly now use this more often, to write to friends and family, both by text and 'voice-call'. Skype with its 'live' video images appearing right there in front of me, of the person I'm talking to (my daughter, to begin with), I shall definitely return to, mainly for the novelty of it. Pinterest is of some interest, and even now I am building up my own portfolio of selected images, of places I have visited. Perhaps the most positive outcome of attending the course is that I now feel comfortable with this thing called 'Blogging'; and even though I have often struggled to keep up with the weekly homework demands of this course, I feel confident at the end of it that I can now set up my own Blog, and begin blogging a well-designed interesting-to-read Og's Blogs, attracting a wider audience, a following.
Thanks, Stefano!
No comments:
Post a Comment