Online Presentations
Managing Social Media accounts (this is scheduled for week 10, apparently, even though this week is only week 8)
It is possible to connect up all one's social media sites and manage a social media portfolio from within one tool. The preferred platform is Hootsuite. Duly signed up to this (with assistance kindly given) to create my very own Hootsuite account. Duly impressed by this Social Media Manager, for ease of posting and ability to add additional accounts. What a facility, what a platform, for managing (in one place) one's growing number of Social Media sites.
Here's the link to my 'dashboard', at Hootsuite:
Hootsuite
Where I can add Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook etc; and the trick (this week) is to work out (for ourselves) how to send a scheduled message. Getting lost. This is lost on me. Google everything, we've been told. Learn by doing. Yes, of course, adopt the heuristic approach is one way to do it; but what a waste of creative time this would turn out to be, for me. Other things to do, more constructively.
And in event, as expected, as eagerly anticipated, Llinos in her own blog this week does it straight to the point in a straightforward and fully comprehensive review (q.v.), seemingly effortlessly. There really is nothing else I need add.
Preparing for a collaborative presentation (week 9)
We have been reminded this week (week 8, this is getting somewhat confusing) of our first attempt earlier on in the course at collaborative work on a document, using Google Docs. Rather unsuccessful, that. Nevertheless, I got the idea at least, back in week 4 (week 4 blog, q.v.), the general principle behind online collaboration. In fact, I contributed a line or two of text, I recollect. This week (week 8) is setting us up for something similar.
We (Llinos, Di, Aeron and I) have been asked to:
Prepare a presentation of at least ten slides and produce an online presentation that evaluates the learning tools that we've been introduced to so far. We can annotate slides with audio, if we so wish. We could use Prezi (https://prezi.com), slide share (http://www.slideshare.net). There are lots of tools available but the task is to evaluate concisely the tools we're used to, in regard to their use in learning. To substantiate our claims, we have been directed to check out research from Stefano's Journal List.
Slides.google.com (accessed by way of a gmail.com account) is the site to use, the one recommended to us, in writing our presentation. Aim to present our combined slideshare presentation next week. It's an online version of Powerpoint, essentially, written (in this case) collaboratively.
And then. Now. I have recently received this by way of my yahoo.co.uk e-mail address, where it's clear to see that it's all been set up for us by Llinos, ready to go, ready for our own individual contributions) (Week 9: Online Presentation Tools):
How does she do it, eh? I don't know.
Next week, additionally (just to make a note of this, for my own reference):
(1) Set up Skype (bring in laptop) (create own Skype for business account, at Skype.com);
(2) Set up Google Hangouts (at Google Hangouts.com) (if in difficulty contact stef@semantise.com)
Haven't the time.
Floundering about.
Disengaging from this.
Personally speaking, it has to be stated, to provide a modicum of critical yet constructively meant feedback, I (for one) require far more structured guidance here (traditional teaching I mean, in situ, while sitting in front of the computer screen in a state of bemusement, bewilderment and general incomprehension, in class) to satisfactorily comprehend what's going on here. There, I've said it. Not that I want to appear to be belligerent.
What's this? What's this? What's he posted now? Just received this timetabled blog - entitled Tidying Our Blogs - from Stefano:
As we agreed last week, we will be spending the last two weeks of this course tidying up our assessment portfolios (i.e Your Blogs) ready for assessment.
Next week we will be able to cover anything of your choice .
Well, that's a relief.
Looking forward - after all - to attending the Social Media class on Tuesday, where I can concentrate on 'tidying up my assessment portfolio'. Truth to tell, I'll be glad when it's finished, when the course has ended, so I can return to 'Blogging', blogging my own written stuff, writing - instead of Word Documents - under the guise of Og's Blogs; seriously.
.

No comments:
Post a Comment